Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rainy Day in May

Today's fun thing was to make a Robot or anything you want with hinged arms and legs (using metal fasteners) that swing and move.  I made a little sample one to show the kids what it would look like and how cool it was that the arms and legs could move.....
This is how it started...
Wy working on it...
All 4 of them thinking and creating...
(see the fasteners in the middle of the table?)
Em putting it all together...
TaaDaa!  The end result!  Aren't they cool?

This WAS the kind of look I was going for!
Using these things!
I am so thrilled at what the kids made!!  I loved watching them.  There was no hesitation in what they were creating they just went to work!  Even though I reminded them that we could use the fasteners and that I would help they just wanted to glue and use the pens and do their own thing!  It was awesome!  It just goes to show once again that with kids nothing goes as planned!  LOL


I hope you don't get sick of seeing the blocks because I think I will have a picture like this every week!!  I LOVE seeing what the boys have created with these random sized wood pieces!  It is so fun seeing what creative and imaginative structure they come up with next!  And it is so neat (I know I have said this before too!) that they work together so well and that neither one is dominating or controlling the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment